COPYRIGHT NOTICE : All ideas, patterns, graphics, & downloads are ™ and for personal use only.
Yep, it’s that time of year to make our New Year’s Resolutions, a phrase that will either inspire you or make you cringe. For some it’s about all the possibilities that a new year can bring. For others it can be just another list of things to stress about getting done and then feel like a failure if we don’t do them all. Well, Roy and I think setting resolutions should be fun and enjoyable so we’re here to change that perception once and for all with “Casual Resolutions”. New Year’s Resolutions should not be a guilt list. Download our free “Casual Resolutions Kit” printables to keep your goals fun and stress free! These are things you’d like to accomplish during the year, but if you don’t… no big whoop. You feel good about what you do accomplish and let the rest go cause there’s always next year!
To help you out we’ve got a free packet for you to download. Just remember to enjoy the journey!
Instructions for New Year’s Resolutions
- Print out the packet and your choice of calendar. You can hang them on the fridge or place them in a binder with your other sheets.
- Write down things on your calendar that you would enjoy doing. Don’t make this a guilt list filled with things you “should do”. Choose things you will look forward to and truly want to do to learn, grow or just have fun with. Use our idea list if you need inspiration!
- Use the Objective Planner sheet to formulate your ideas and plans for your goals.
- Have fun! This is about the journey and enjoying it. Add or remove items from your list if needed as you go along.
Here’s to a wonderful new year full of promise!
90 Ideas To Get You Started
Included in the free kit.
- Truly listen carefully when people talk to you.
- De-junk each room in your house one at a time.
- Watch at least four documentaries.
- Volunteer somewhere at least four or more times.
- Read to children
- Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Eat less processed foods.
- Paint a room.
- Organize digital photos.
- Have a girls (guys) night out every 1 to 3 months.
- Watch at least 3 classic movies.
- Donate clothes you don’t wear anymore.
- Learn the metric system for measurements.
- Give blood.
- Update all your passwords.
- Buy a veteran a gift to show appreciation.
- Plant a tree.
- Learn SOS in Morse code.
- Learn how to say “thank you” in 10 languages
- Ride a bicycle to work.
- Make safe home cleaning products.
- Climb a tree.
- Pick up trash on the ground when you see it.
- Create a last will and testament.
- Write a song.
- Learn how to make a pie from scratch.
- Build something out of wood.
- Start a fire using primitive techniques.
- Make something useful out of trash.
- Learn how to select good produce.
- Hold the door open for others.
- Learn to say Hello in 10 languages
- So something that scares you a little.
- Write a story.
- Be on time.
- Go camping.
- Sing in the shower.
- Try a new Café.
- Knit a scarf.
- Jump rope.
- Write a poem.
- Have better posture.
- Grow some herbs and use them in cooking.
- Forgive someone you’ve struggled to forgive.
- Make your bed at least’s 5 days a week.
- Bake some healthy cookies.
- Go to Yoga class.
- Learn to be calmer.
- Drink more herbal tea.
- See the good in people who make you angry.
- Throw a penny in a fountain.
- Watch a movie in 3D.
- Take more pictures.
- Play the Kazoo.
- Look for the silver lining when bad things happen.
- Speak up more.
- Frame and hang a inspiration quote in your home.
- Draw with chalk on the sidewalk.
- Make a point to appreciate small things.
- Play more.
- Go cloud watching and find a animal or two.
- Get in touch with an old friend
- Write a hand written letter to someone.
- Throw a dinner party.
- Write a love letter.
- Take a class on something of interest.
- Clean all the windows in your home.
- Backup your computer files regularly.
- Call your extended family more often.
- Learn to tie a tie.
- Perform random acts of kindness.
- Learn to fix a tire.
- Turn on a CD and dance!
- Read a Dr. Seuss book.
- Give up a bad habit.
- Run a marathon.
- Strike a conversation with a stranger.
- Take the stairs not the escalator.
- Go sailing.
- Leave a large tip.
- Start a business.
- Get a piercing.
- Get a tattoo.
- Upload a video on YouTube.
- Visit an art museum.
- Make a paper airplane and fly it.
- Fly a kite.
- Go barefoot a few hours at least once a week.
Casual Resolutions Kit (pdf)
Rather than hang mine up I put it in a pink binder I purchased at Amazon. (As the kits are adapted each year, the current printouts might look different.)
This is one goal I did in a past year. I tend to get teased about my handwriting. (Example)