The Christmas Spider DIY : Free Poem Printable
This Christmas Spider idea comes from back in the 90s when I made them as holiday gifts. I’m not sure where it originated but there were various stories that went with it. Being someone who loves to write poems I wrote one with some of the same concepts as the stories so it could be attached to the spiders. A tree filled with these for ornaments would be gorgeous and quite the conversation piece!
Please enjoy this idea and the free poem download that you can print and attach to your spiders for giving as gifts.
POEM THAT GOES WITH THE SPIDERS. (FREE PRINTABLE BELOW)
Christmas Spider Supplies
- 2 jingle bells of different sizes for each spider. Gold or silver. I used size 1 1/4″ and 1/2″ gold. 1″ would also work for the body. ( Too small of bells make it too hard to put the pipe cleaners into them. )
- 12″ pipe cleaners i.e. Chenille stems, gold or color of choice. 2 per spider.
- Tiny ribbon for bows.
- Hot glue gun for head bell if desired. (Or any thick glue that will hold well.)
- Very thin wire (Optional for tying bells together rather than gluing. )
- Downloadable poem tags printed on cardstock.
Christmas Spider Poem Printables
NOTE: The body works best with 1″ or 1 1/4″ bells. Smaller bells for the body will not hold the 4 pipe cleaners. The head can be 1/2″ or something close to that. You can glue the head on. Hot glue will not hold as well as epoxy or tying them on with wire or even string.
Gold spider with closeups of tying on the head and ribbon.
A tiny dab of hot glue will hold your spider onto this card.