Best Hummus Ever! Quick & Healthy
This is indeed the BEST HUMMUS EVER! If you’ve never cared for it you gotta try this recipe. It’s quick and healthy too. Takes 5 minutes to make and you can dip veggies in it, put it on a sandwich or my favorite which is to lightly toast whole wheat pita bread cut into wedges and dip those into it. Delish!
NOTE: Tahini is a staple food at our house. It’s made from sesame seeds which are one of the highest sources of calcium on the planet. I buy mine online in two packs. This is what I use and is the cheapest and best I’ve found so far but you can find different brands in most stores.
Photo Instructions for Best Hummus Ever
- 4 cloves Garlic minced/mashed
- 2 cans (16 oz) Garbanzo Beans (Chick Peas) drained, reserve ½ liquid
- ⅔ cup Tahini roasted not raw
- ⅓ cup Lemon juice fresh
- ½ cup Reserved garbanzo beans liquid or water if you forgot
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ scant tsp Cayenne powder
- 1 cup pepperoncini chopped
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Makes 3 cups
- To toast pitas for dipping, cut into wedges and bake at 350 to 400 for 6 to 10 minutes.
- Cut up a LOT of veggies. Veg out!