Dragon Cake : A Visual DIY
This guy was so awesome we felt bad eating him! What little kid… or even grownup would not love a dragon cake! Our daughter Jennifer made this and I wanted to share it though we only have a few visuals. The photos were taken long before I decided to do this series so I’ve asked Jennifer to share how she made it as well as she could recall. She used no pattern. It turned out pretty amazing.
Basic Instructions for a Dragon Cake
- Three boxes of cake mix
- Two round 9″ cake pans
- One 13 inch by 9 inch cake pan
- Cut the pieces out and stack them together with frosting in between to hold them in place.
- Freeze it overnight.
- The next day shave it down and shape it how you want.
- Cover the entire thing in a thin coat of frosting and applied pink fondant.
- Purple and silver frosting spray was used for shading. (It’s like food coloring spray or edible airbrushing spray stuff)
- Edible glitter.
- Make the wings out of paper and the eyes and features out of fondant painted with food coloring.
Visual How To