How to Make a Huge Washi Tape Post-It Note Wall Calendar
Get organized with a gigantic wall calendar! As you might know, huge wall calendars are not only hard to find but also really expensive. Well, here’s a way to make your own using Washi tape and its not only inexpensive but a fun eye catching focal point. Ours was used in my daughter Amy’s home office but it would be equally great as a family center. It incorporates Post-it Notes and you can use smaller ones and assign each person a different color or use large ones that fill the entire block. So many choices! We did ours in black and gold but get creative! If you’re looking for other ways to get organized check out how to Organize Office Supplies in Style and our Home Office Closet Makeover!
Wall Calendar Supplies
NOTE: We tried electrical tape for the calendar as we thought it would be perfect. It was too stretchy and would not stay up on the wall.
- Black Washi Tape
- Post-It Notes These come in a variety of sizes too!
- 40mm round gold sequins
- Sequin Pins (to hang sequins on for dates)
- Gold Letters for Week Days These are 2.5″ tall. The size you need will depend on the size of your calendar.
- Black cardstock
- Double Sided Tape
- Black Sharpie Marker
Step By Step Instructions
Wall Calendar Frame
Something To Think About: What types and sizes of Post-it notes you want to use. i.e. small sizes for each person, a large size that fills the block etc. Some might require doing some specific math to get your boxes the right size. You’re also using wider Washi Tape than the typical type.
- Pick a wall that you’ll place the calendar on.
- Decide how big you want the calendar. The only size limit is your wall.
- Measure out and lightly mark where your rectangle will be.
- Take your width number and divide by 7. Take that number and measure and mark across the top and bottom of your rectangle.
- Take your height number and divide by 5. Take that number and measure and mark down the right and left side of your rectangle.
- Cut your Washi Tape and lay it out along the all the lines you made. The main calendar is now completed.
Calendar Sequin Dates
- Write the numbers 1 through 31 on your sequin’s with the hole on the top. These are for hanging on your days.
- Lightly hammer tap in the sequin pins where you want your dates to hang out. Change them out each month!
Calendar Days of the Week
- Make half circles from black paper that fit over your day columns.
- Place your day of the week letters on each half circle and tape it over the appropriate column using double sided tape.
- As everyone generally always knows what month it is we didn’t add a month label but you certainly could.
Get organized with this fun huge wall calendar made with Washi tape, large sequins and Post-it notes! It’s great for a home offices or a family center!