Healthy No Bake Cookies (No Heat Too!)
If you thought no-bake cookies were simple to make before, wait till you try these! Our healthy no bake cookies take only 5 minutes to make and best of all… NO HEATING WHATSOEVER! That’s because they use coconut oil which gets hard at low temps. These are treats you don’t have to feel bad about giving the kids as they are made only from healthy ingredients. And of course coconut oil is incredibly good for you!
- Peanut Butter (Use natural for added health)
- Coconut oil
- Rolled oats
- Cocoa, carob or cacao powder
You mix them all together. That’s it! I prefer to eat mine as is with no cooling. I put some in a small bowl and eat the gooey concoction with a spoon. You can also drop them onto foil or wax paper by the spoonful and put in the fridge for about an hour. Or spread them in a square pan and cool in the fridge then slice. No matter how you eat them they are pure heaven and pure health.
- 1 c Natural Peanut Butter
- ½ c Coconut oil
- ½ c Honey
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 c Rolled oats (whole)
- 3-6 TB Cocoa, carob or cacao powder. (Cocoa takes less as it’s much more bitter)
- Combine all ingredients. I mix everything but the oats then add them in.
- As is.
- Place spoonful’s onto wax paper or foil and place in the refrigerator for an hour or so.
- Or spread into a square container. Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour and slice into sections.
If you’re unfamiliar with coconut oil, its a super food, meaning it has incredible health benefits. It also has a low melting temp which make it perfect for things like this or for our Healthy Frozen Chocolate Bananas or a Chocolate Sauce that Hardens.
Here’s what it looks like. As my house is about 75 degrees you can see that it’s partially hardened with small areas where it’s beginning to melt.
Takes six ingredients. I’ve left the vanilla out on accident and it was still delicious!
Mix all the ingredients but the oats. This helps the powder to mix in more evenly.
Fold in the oats.
If desired, spoon onto foil and put in the refrigerator.
In just an hour you have firm cookies. Eat them quick though because they start to melt!
I prefer to eat mine the moment I make it without putting it in the fridge.