Oatmeal In a Jar (No cook)
This is a fun easy way to grab some oatmeal in the morning when you’re out the door. Kids would love it and you can adapt it with many add-ins. I put unsweetened coconut, chia seeds, ground flax seed, Cacao Powder and Xylitol in mine. If you don’t heat it it’s considered mostly raw, meaning all the vitamins are intact. But even if you choose to heat it after it’s soaked you’ve still got a really healthy breakfast. Just pop the jar in the microwave and stir frequently. It makes a pretty thick batch so you may want to adjust the amount of milk you put in. You can also add more soy, rice or almond milk in the morning. I used Red Mill Extra Thick Red Mill Gluten Free oats. I love the added thickness.
- ½ C. Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- ¾ C. Almond or Soy Milk (Adjust as needed)
- 2 TB Agave, Honey or Xylitol (adjust as needed)
- OPTIONAL ADDITIONS
- 1 TB Ground Flax Seed
- Cacao, carob or cocoa powder.
- Cacao Nibs
- Chia Seeds
- Raisins or Dried Fruit of Choice
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl or pint jar. Add milk of choice and stir. Place in fridge overnight.
- Add more milk if needed.
- This makes a thick cold oatmeal. Very dessert like. You can quickly heat it if you prefer right before eating.